I read somewhere that starting your day with positive morning affirmations makes a lot of difference in how your day progresses. And I was keen on giving it a try. And so I did. It started as a new habit I was trying out but when I noticed the difference it made, I stuck with it.
Morning affirmations are a great way to start your day right. If you’ve been looking for a list of affirmations or if you believe in the law of attraction, we’re sharing a list of good morning affirmations in this post. But before we do that, let’s talk about why affirmations are so important and howe they work.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are simple sentences or phrases with powerful meaning that are said to affirm something. They could be either positive or negative.
Morning affirmations are sentences that you tell yourself in the mornings and they set the tone for the rest of your day. Whether you know it or not, you’re constantly affirming yourself things and feeding your beliefs.
So if wake up on a Monday and you tell yourself “I hate my job.. it’s so tiring.. I so want to quit” , you start your day and your week with a negative affirmation. And that sets the tone. Throughout the week you’ll be looking for signs that feed that belief that your job sucks.
But If you start your day with ” I can’t wait to be at work and learn new things and skills”. Then you’ll automatically be excited for work and look at it with a positive outlook.
So you see, you are always using affirmations intentionally or unintentionally. And if that’s the case, then it makes sense to take more control over the narrative you’re feeding yourself, right?
WHY DOES NARRATIVE MATTER?
Your narrative or your inner dialogue is one thing that will make or break your personal development journey. Thoughts become things and they become your reality. So if you truly believe you’ll do something, you’ll eventually get around to doing it.
But do you wonder why this narrative (what you tell yourself) matters so much? It matters because we’re only limited by our beliefs and the narrative has the power to change out beliefs.
What are beliefs?
Beliefs are ideas that a person holds as being true. Your beliefs are a result of the life you’ve lived so far and how it has affected you. It has everything to do with the people you’ve shared your life with, the conversations you’ve had and the impact your life events have made.
Your beliefs dictate how you respond to scenarios as they pop up in your life and in a way they dictate how your future takes shape. So if you want to achieve your dreams and goals, working on your beliefs and eliminating limiting beliefs is a crucial step.
Let me explain:
Let’s say you want to lose weight. But you are in a habit of eating an entire pack of chips in one go and having no self control. And you keep reminding yourself this every time you want to start a diet. You know what will happen then? You won’t be able to stick a healthy habit and will eventually break a diet. Because you BELIEVE yourself to be a person who has no self control.
But, if you change your narrative and you start saying “I used to be someone who’d eat an entire bag of chips in one go”, you’re assuring yourself that you’re capable of change. You’re AFFIRMING that you’re not that person anymore. This will help you be more consistent with your diet and making it into a habit and sticking to it.
How can you change your beliefs?
We know that beliefs are a result of your life experiences and emotions attached to them. And you see how narrative affects and can help you in reshaping your beliefs. So it all comes down to affirmations. Having a positive thought will help you carry positive emotion into the day.
Ever heard the saying that what you believe in truly happens? And how your thoughts become reality?
It’s what is holding the whole law of attraction together. When you truly believe in something and are manifesting that energy in your day, you harness the energy to make it happen.
So when you repeat positive affirmations in the morning, you channel that energy through the rest of your day. And with positive energy, come positive changes.
So, how can I change my beliefs?
To change your beliefs, you firstly need to be very aware of what your beliefs are and where they stem from. Some of your beliefs are deeply rooted in your core values. But a lot of our belief, especially limiting beliefs stem from a negative memory associated with it since our childhood. it could be something that happened repeatedly when you were little or something that happened in a very subtle way over a period of time.
We see people around us behave in a certain way and we start accepting that behaviour as normal. You see your parents being happy and being equal in the marriage and you believe you deserve a love like theirs too.
Or let’s say you see your parents managing their money very smoothly, so you do the same. But if you see your parents always struggling over money and making poor financial decisions, you start believing that that’s what you’ll do too. And you allow your life to be dictated by that belief.
All your life, you believe that you’ll make a certain amount of money and you’ll always be struggling. So when the opportunity comes to rise up, you won’t deem yourself fit for the same.
That’s why in order to make big changes in your life, you need to tackle your limiting beliefs first. And that’s where success becomes a mindset game. Because that’s what allows your to take chances and take risks and go for your big dreams.
So you understand how important role narrative plays in your life and how important it is to address your negative beliefs and replace them with positive ones.
Now is when Morning. affirmations come into play. Repeat these affirmations in the mornings and you’ll start noticing the changes they bring in your day. You could either say them out loud every morning, or you could simply write them down in your journal every morning.
Do whatever you feel like doing. The idea is to start your mornings with these affirmations, in whichever form you prefer.
Morning affirmations to start your day:
- Today is going to be a good day and I ready for it.
- I feel fresh, rejuvenated and recharged to take on the day.
- I let go of the failures of yesterday and I am ready to take on the opportunities that today brings.
- I am full of courage and determination to fulfil my goals.
- Today is a happy day and I start this day with a heart full of gratitude.
- I will not stress over things I can not control.
- I believe in myself and trust in my capabilities.
- I deserve every success and experience that comes my way.
- Today is a beautiful day. I welcome it and I choose to be happy, content and grateful.
- Today, I am attracting success and I am confident I will make the most of my day.
- Today I will fill my mind with positive thoughts.
Body Positive Affirmations:
- I accept my body in its entirety.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I can love my body and be a work in progress at the same time.
- My body is beautiful and unique.
- My body deserves love.
- Self love comes easily to me.
- I love the person I see in the mirror, no matter what shape or size.
- My body has served me so well and given me so much. Today I will hold it in grace and with love.
- I release my insecurities and grow in love and at peace with myself.
- I choose to be kind to my body.
- I love and care for myself in a healthy way.
- I am more than a number on a scale and it doesn’t define my worth.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
Morning affirmations for insecurities and fears:
- I am enough, just as I am.
- I am not my fears.
- I have the ability to rise about my insecurities.
- I am safe. I am protected. I am loved.
- I have the courage to ask for help when I am in need.
- I love myself fully. I am always worthy of everything good life brings my way.
- I can do hard things. I can make tough decisions.
- I chose self love over self doubt.
- I bring light to those around me.
- It is absolutely safe for me to be my true authentic self.
- I am visible and I matter.
Morning affirmations for success:
- I attract success and wealth.
- Today will be a successful day.
- Today I will be resourceful and do my absolute best and it will be enough.
- I accomplish everything I focus my energy on.
- I use failure as a stepping stone.
- I know my worth and I do not settle for anything less.
- I am exactly where I need to be right now.
- My life is headed in the right direction.
- I am in control of my life and I will achieve my goals.
- I am my best version today and I attract success and wealth.
That’s it for this post. Affirmations are really simple and really powerful tools that can change the way your start your mornings and approach your day. I hope you found the post helpful! 🙂
Leave a Reply