Can you believe it’s almost September already? I have had a pretty busy first half of the year with 2 kids under 2 and most of the year has been spent chasing after the babies. I barely got back to work and it made me realise I NEED a mid-year review. I DID NOT set really big goals this year. My focus has been on surviving this tough phase of motherhood, but I did set a few goals.
And because it has been an old tradition to revisit the goals and to review the year mid-way, I thought why not do it right now, even though it’s September. It still feels like mid-year because these last 4 months are going to be super productive.
And it’s not too late to re-align our goals and our focus and get on with it. So here are some September prompts that will make you re-think and analyse your priorities. These will also motivate you to work even harder to achieve your goals by the year end, so let’s get started:
Mid year prompts to smash your goals:
- What do I want to achieve this year?
- What were my biggest goals for this year and how far off am I from achieving them?
- What is keeping me from working towards my goals for the year?
- What has been my biggest achievement so far, this year? And what am I proud of?
- What area of life am I lacking in so far?
- Have my priorities changed over the last 8 months?
- Which goal(s) is(are) most important to me right now?
- What are my top 3 priorities for September?
- What habits do I need to adopt to be more productive?
- What have been distracting me from working towards my goals and how can I avoid that?
- What does my ideal morning routine look like?
- What habit do I need to let go of, to level up my life?
- How can I incorporate self care in my daily routine?
- Write 5 positive re-affirmations. Read them out loud daily.
- Is there any work that I can outsource to be able to hit my goals by year end?
- Do I need help in any subject matter?
- Where do I hope to be by September end?
- How can I be more mindful of the content I consume and avoid the social media rabbit hole?
- What is the one thing that brings me joy every single day and how can I do more of that in my life?
- What is the one work that I absolutely hate doing and can I possibly outsource it or do something to ease the load?
There you have it. 20 mid-year journal prompts that will help you refocus and get on track to hitting your goals by the end of the year.
How it helps:
Answering all these questions will help you to realign your focus better. Re-read your answers and know why you want to do what you want to do. Because when you have a clear reason and a clear answer, doing the work becomes easier.
Answering these prompts at the end of the month will also help you set your priorities in a better way. And you are more likely to achieve your goals.
However, if you are feeling like you are not clear about what you should be doing, then you must check out my 50 prompts for self discovery. They are designed to help you figure out your life and purpose and your priorities. Because I am a firm believer that the answers that we seek are within us, and these journal prompts just help you dig deeper and get to know ourselves better.
You also need to consider:
To achieve big goals, it’s important that you set the right goals. And it’s even more important to break them down into smaller actionable goals so that you don’t lose focus. Check out this post to see how to set your goals the right way.
You might also want to check out my top tips and hacks to be super productive and get more done with your time. These tips and hacks have helped me a million times over.
Hope you found this helpful. I always find doing a mid year check helps me achieve my goals because I get to refocus my energy and align my goals. See you in the next one! 🙂